To represent the interests of Community Interpreters and to develop, promote and safeguard high professional standards in the field of Community Interpreting.
Supporting Community Interpreters
- The Association aims to represent interests of its members – primarily Community Interpreters – by bringing awareness to service providers of the importance of using qualified community interpreters and paying fair rates as well as promoting better working conditions.
- As an Association we will promote continuous professional development by organising regular training in areas of interest to our members.
- Training will be available for free to full members only.
- Create a Directory of Community Interpreters on our website where Service Providers can choose a qualified and vetted interpreter.
- Through our website and LinkedIn page we will create a social network for interpreters to meet and share experiences, for learning and further training.
Safeguarding Standards in Community Interpreting
- To promote and maintain high professional standards among community interpreters.
- To support and safeguard standards for certification of community interpreters.
- To deliver continuous professional development.
- To provide advice, guidance and support to our members as well as liaise with members of other professions for the benefit of our members.
- To provide support for our members via a monthly Supervision Group.
- To advocate for and advise in policy development applicable to community interpreting.
- To lobby for legislative recognition for minimum rates of pay.
- By becoming a full member you will abide by our Code of Conduct.
- By becoming a full member you will maintain a continuous professional development record.
- By becoming a full member you will maintain and advocate for high professional standards among community interpreters.
The teams responsible for the day-to-day running of the Association – we work to identify and fulfil the needs of our members and the wider affiliate and subscriber community.
Helena el Masri, Founder & Association CEO
Responsible for the overall association vision, mission, communications and growth strategy. She is a DPSI-qualified interpreter with 20 years interpreting and training experience.
Admissions & Complaints Committee
Responsible for all renewals, membership interviews and applications to join ACIS. The Committee also adjudicates on any member complaints received.
Membership & Digital Services Officer
Responsible for membership retention, working to improve the member experience and provide quality events, webinars, resources and training opportunities.