To represent the interests of Community Interpreters and to develop, promote and safeguard high professional standards in the field of Community Interpreting.
The Association aims to represent interests of its members – primarily Community Interpreters – by bringing awareness to service providers of the importance of using qualified community interpreters and paying fair rates as well as promoting better working conditions.
As an Association we will promote Continuous Professional Development by organising regular training in areas of interest to our members. Training is free to full members only.
Create a Directory of Community Interpreters on our website where Service Providers can choose a qualified and vetted interpreter. (coming soon)
Through our website and Facebook page we will create a social network for interpreters to meet and share experiences, for learning and further training.
• To promote and maintain high professional standards among community interpreters.
• To support and safeguard standards for certification of community interpreters.
• To deliver continuous professional development.
• To provide advice, guidance and support to our members as well as liaise with members of other professions for the benefit of our members.
• To provide support for our members via a monthly Supervision Group. (coming soon)
• To advocate for and advise in policy development applicable to community interpreting.
• To lobby for legislative recognition for minimum rates of pay.
When you become a member you will be asked to abide by our Code of Conduct.
For more information please contact us.